Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Physics teachers not only get to teach one of the most interesting subjects in school; they also have access to interesting equipment. Physics teachers have a lot of freedom to spend time in the classroom, outside of the classroom, or in a lab.
Besides teaching physics in classrooms, physics teachers can lead experiments, form clubs and provide guidance through competitions.
- Creates class curriculum and syllabus that is appropriate for grade or class being taught
- Conducts classroom and lab activities according to program requirements
- Ensure students are assisted in developing personally and professionally
- Develops and maintains relationships with students in order to monitor and resolve student concerns and learning roadblocks
- Directs students to appropriate resources to help solve individual issues
- Tracks and reports grades and attendance to ensure accurate record keeping according to regulations
- Provide students with the necessary resources and materials to help them understand the course content
Minimum of NCE, PGCE, Bachelor’s Degree in physics, chemistry or Engineering with at least one year working experience or B.Ed in physics or chemistry Education preferred
One year and above prior teaching experience typically preferred