Reports to the Senior Mechanical Engineer through the Mechanical Engineer
- Will be responsible for laying the pipes and fitting them together before using molten metal to bond them.
- Weld pipes that are used to transport oil and other fossil fuels.
- Weld pipes that are used in power plants or sewer systems.
- Install and verify operation of high pressure steel gas pipe and fittings, stopple, or related equipment on gas lines, and no blow service tees.
- Repair and replace any damaged steel or plastic pipe.
- Fabricate and install steel fittings on the water mains.
- Perform all fusing of plastic pipe and fittings on high pressure gas mains, water mains & sewer mains.
- Construct truck bumper brackets, truck bed trailer hitches, and cages and guards for meters, and regulator stations.
- Repair backhoe diggers, buckets, and stabilizers.
- Cut and thread pipe for water and gas service boxes.
- Complete logs, reports, work orders, requisitions, and other records and communications as required.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- 7 years experience in offshore Oil and Gas companies or servicing companies
- Minimum of a degree/HND in Welding or Engineering
- Necessary certifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.