To ensure that the piping tests performed on worksite by the contractor and sub-contractors complies with OPERCOM methodology and project procedures.
To provide piping technical assistance/support during pre-commissioning and commissioning activities on the construction yard and to directly supervise piping commissioning activities during commissioning execution phase on the offshore site.
Report to the management by identifying any actual or future slippage or blocking points in work progress.b) Specific Activities:
• To ensure that all piping safety pre-requisites are in place before performing any pre-commissioning checks and/or commissioning tests•
To liaise with Construction team and witness all piping pre-commissioning activities.
• To check the progress of work performed by the contractor and to ensure that all risks are well anticipated / reduced as much as possible during commissioning activities.
• To review all piping pre-commissioning & commissioning procedures prepared by contractor and make relevant comments in preparation of such documents.
• To assess any requests by the contractor to deviate from quality control procedures or technical requirements and make appropriate recommendation to the piping Commissioning Leader. To participate in technical reviews, to compile piping commissioning mark up drawings
• To participate in weekly and ad-hoc meetings with the contractor and to sign all piping functional test sheets when the activity has been completed.Site Commissioning phase activities (Offshore site, Nigeria):
• To ensure that all piping safety pre-requisites are put in place before performing any commissioning tests and to ensure that the quality of the piping work performed on site by the contractor and subcontractors is in compliance with contract requirements and project procedures.
• Supervise all piping conformity checks, functional tests and operational tests assigned to him by the Piping Commissioning Leader, and to fill all piping commissioning test sheets as activities are carried out by the contractor.
• Report to Piping Commissioning Leader for validation of any technical change or modification on piping equipment.
• To prepare daily reports on his activities, including compilation of all piping punch list items, to the Piping Commissioning Leader.
Provide support to other supervisors (Mech/Elect/ICSS/Instrument/HVAC/Telecom) on as required.c)
Required Qualification & Professional Experience : Piping technician with not less than 10 years of experience with 5+ years of supervisory experience in the context of large oil & gas projects, especially in onshore & offshore commissioning roles. Knowledge of Commissioning methodology and tools – OPERCOM & ICAPS – will be an asset. Must have a valid BOSIET.