NLNG Ship Management Limited, a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited seeks to engage the following personnel for immediate employment in the following position:
- The appointee will assist in maximizing the utilization of NSML seafarers to ensure statutory safe manning levels, relief planning and overall co-ordination of logistics for implementing all Crew Changes.
- Plan shipboard assignments for assigned BGT ships and ensure all stakeholders' interests ore met whilst ensuring that the vessels are adequately manned in line with Flog stole requirements.
- Implement Crew Changes and ensure adherence to uniform interpretation and application of approved policies and procedures for seafarers,
- Assist in the development and implementation of NSML policies and procedures and provision of professional advice and guidance to appropriate line managers and seafarers on shipboard personnel related issues.
- Investigate, recommend and implement strategies for improved performance and increased Officers' availability for sea service.
- Undertake ship and college visits to Nigeria" Officers on board/colleges and respond to issues/concerns raised by Officers/Code's. While counselling them with view to creating a harmonious working environment.
- Support NSM in the provision of effective oversight manning activities for third party
- Manning Agents contracted by BGT Fleet Managers for provision of Nigerian Ratings
- Manpower services for BGT Ships.
- Relieves NSM in his absence and represents Company in appropriate meetings in furtherance of Shipboard Personnel and crewing matters as directed.
- Prepare Management Report on utilization of Nigerian Officers and Cadets.
- Possess a University degree in Humanities or Social Sciences, obtained at a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1)
- Have five years post-graduation experience, out of which three years should have been spent as an Officer in a HR function in a reputable organization.
- Experience in the Maritime Industry will be an added advantage.
- Have knowledge of shipping operations in the maritime industry.
- Be good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Not be more than 35 years as at 31st December, 2014.
Method of Application
The curriculum vitae MUST be formatted in the order listed below:
- FULL NAME (SURNAME FIRST)
- DATE OF BIRTH
- STATE OF ORIGIN
- MARITAL STATUS
- CONTACT ADDRESS
- TELEPHONE NUMBER
- E-MAIL ADDRESS
- HIGHER INSTITUTION(S) ATTENDED WITH DATES
- COURSE OF STUDY
- CLASS OF DEGREE
- PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s)