Our Planning Engineer provides you with an opportunity to work on an exciting and large-scale nuclear project. Each day, you will review and report on the schedule of the Prime Contractor in order to ensure that the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) objective of completing the first unit in May 2017 is achieved. You should be a self-motivated professional with a Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each Planning Engineer job.
· Review and assess the accuracy of the Prime Contractor’s Procurement Schedule using the CPO Planning procedure.
· Reviews and confirms actual Procurement progress within the PC’s Project Schedules and develops reports on status.
· Co-ordinates and provides Procurement Schedule input to support the ENEC Corporate program schedules.
· Determines reasons for Procurement scheduling variances and decides on actions to take.
· Other duties as required.
· Prepares variance analysis report of Procurement schedules.
· Provides planning input into the Chief Program Office (CPO) progress reports.
· Facilitate communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships.
· Follow all relevant departmental HSE policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee's place of work who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.