The challenge? Help provide long-term, safe energy solutions for a fast-growing population by collaborating with the international community to build a clean, environmentally friendly, civil nuclear power program for the United Arab Emirates. Our Planning Engineer provides you with an opportunity to work on an exciting and large-scale nuclear project. Each day, you will review and report on the schedule of the Prime Contractor in order to ensure that the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) objective of completing the first unit in May 2017 is achieved. You should be a self-motivated professional with a Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each Planning Engineer job.
· Review and confirm critical paths in the support network schedule (SNS/ and provide input into the SNS Monthly schedule report.
· Co-ordinate and provide variance analysis of the PC’s critical paths in comparison to the SNS.
· Update and maintain ENEC’s support network schedule in P6.
· Determine reasons for scheduling variances in order to identify appropriate corrective actions.
· Develop and maintain Unit 3 and 4 Level 4 Schedule in P6 database using Unit 1 and 2 as-built Eight Month Rolling Schedule (EMRS) as a basis.
· Prepare variance analysis report of the Prime Contractor’s critical paths in order to identify reasons for any discrepancies. Provide input into the CPO SNS monthly report.
· Prepare critical path analysis using the SNS in order to report any discrepancies with the critical paths reported by the PC.
· Provide planning input into the Chief Program Office (CPO) monthly and weekly progress reports to facilitate informed decision making.
· Facilitate communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships.
· Follow all relevant departmental HSE policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee's place of work who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualifications and experience working in the nuclear industry.
- Working knowledge of Primavera 6 (P6)