• Direct and manages all day to day operations of the Plant Accounting Department.
• Maintain well-organized and accurate set of accounting records, and ensures that these properly and accurately reflect the financial position and operating results of the Plant and that the Plant and Makati Office Managements are provided with timely financial information and reports necessary to properly evaluate the Plants performance.
• Leads the annual budgeting process at the Plant, and ensures that the Plants annual operating budgets accurately reflect the company’s business prospects for the budget year concerned based on budget assumptions and targets provided by Makati Office Management.
• Monitors, reports and discusses with Plant and Makati Office Managements any major budget variances in material consumptions and yields, operational and capital expenditures, production efficiency, and other production parameters and key performance indicators or metrics.
• Develops cost accounting methodologies, oversees the development of standard costs and yields, and analyzes reports and discusses with Plant and Makati Office managements any major or recurring deviations for the purpose of rectifying the causes thereof and preventing their future recurrence.
• Ensures that accurate records and proper accounting controls are in place to document, track and record all transfers and movements and materials, general stores, finished goods, scraps and wastes at the Plant.
• Evaluate the adequacy of the internal control system in place at the Plant, and implements policies, procedures and measures to prevent fraud and error in the recording of Plant transactions and safeguarding of the Plants assets.
• Ensure the timely submission and accuracy of all regularly and ad-hoc plant accounting and the financial reports, projections, costings and analyses required by the company and regulatory government agencies, internal and external auditors and other authorized parties.
• Actively participates in identifying opportunities to reduce costs and increases efficiencies at the Plant.
• Ensures that all documentary requirements in the operation of the Plant’s Customs Bonded Warehouse (CBW) are complied with, and that the correct and proper customs duties and taxes on import entries are paid when these fall due.
• Must be at least 40 years old minimum of ten years (10) years of relevant work experience in managerial position, in all areas of plant accounting (to include general accounting and financial reporting, fixed asset accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, inventory accounting, CBW operations, internal control, cost control and tax administration) gained from a big and heavy manufacturing plant.
• Holder of a Bachelor of Science degree major in accounting and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Post graduate degree in business administration or management is an advantage.
• With in-depth and hands-on experience in and understanding of Philippine Accounting Standards (PAS), International Accounting Standards (IAS), and Philippine Financial Reporting Standards (PFRS).
• With contracts or membership in the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), financial Executives Institute of the Philippines (FINEX) and other similar professional organizations.