- Responsible to the Regional General Manager for the management of a Combined Cycle or Open Cycle Operations & Maintenance Agreement between GE International Operations (Nigeria) Ltd and the Customer.
- The Plant Manager will maintain care, custody, control and safe operation and maintenance of a power generation facility located within Nigeria.
- Establish and sustain a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment.
- Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
- Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organisation.
- Manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
- Be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety and all regulatory requirement compliance.
- Act, with central support from the EHS Manager, as Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor to the Plant Team and the Customer with items relating to the Asset.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, develop and lead a skilled and effective workforce. Delegate, monitor, empower work activities for a safe and efficient plant operation.
- Develop, implement and review procedures and systems for plant personnel to operate and maintain the plant in a safe and effective
- Initiate procedures and drive Quality Assurance measures to achieve ISO standards (9001/14001/18001)
- Prepare customer annual budget and manage plant expenditures appropriately. Prepare and forecast contractual budget plans in line with Business requirements.
- Manage Customer and GE business metrics and reporting requirements.
- Understand and execute plant contractual requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive customer intensity, relationship and communication.
- Manage the plant to ensure optimal availability, reliability, and budgetary performance while driving Customer value and GE/Customer
- Lead FMEA, RCA and MOC activities.
- Identify, pursue and support GE PGS O&M and CSA growth opportunities both regionally and within the confines of the contract.