Coca-Cola first arrived in Nigeria in 1951. That same year, the Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd (NBC) was incorporated to bottle and sell carbonated non-alcoholic beverages. NBC has the sole franchise to bottle Coca-Cola products in Nigeria.
The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Job Title: Plant Manager
Job Reference PM/10/2016
The Plant Manager reports to the Regional Manufacturing Director and fulfills the production plans for the Company's products to the highest quality standards at optimal cost.
Other key responsibilities of the role are:
- Develops plans for infrastructure, capacity and resources needed to fulfill the demands of product.
- Drives continuous improvement of processes, productivity and efficiency in the plant.
- Establishes, monitors and reinforces control across the whole plant related to Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and H&S
- Ensures adherence to Food and Beverage Legislation, TCCC Standards, ISO certification, Good Manufacturing Practices and other internal and external regulatory compliance ·
- Adapts local and corporate practices and procedures and supervises their implementation and administration in the plant ·
- Develops business plans providing productivity improvement and stretchy targets for cost efficiency ·
- Actively participates and ensures the implementation of various infrastructure or process optimization projects in the plant.
- Is fully aware and implements IMCR management routines and procedures
- Ensures optimal spare parts inventory management
- Implements and provides disciplined monitoring and reporting regarding the implementation of labor legislation, certification standards, CC Hellenic/TCCC CSR Practices and international agreements ·
- Prepares, presents and interprets Manufacturing KBI's, makes recommendations which result in increased productivity and efficiency; reduces cost and improves customer satisfaction while following production plans ·
- Ensures the achievement of the targets for the organization by optimal usage of labor, materials and capital investments ·
- Ensures that his/her team completes projects within the deadlines to provide the planned capacity to meet the sales demand ·
- Analyses cost center variances and investigates ways to improve cost performance ·
- Effectively applies business performance review (EATB) management routine ·
- Ensures budget delivery ·
- Understands and controls main cost drivers in Manufacturing ·
- Ensures property and loss prevention ·
- Builds team's capabilities through implementation of training and development programs ·
- Develops unit capabilities to achieve maximum utilization of technology and equipment.
- Effectively applies approved selection and development tools for recruitment and development of managers · Provides feedback to team members for better performance and develops successors·
- Coaches his/her direct reports on leadership matters ·
- Manufacturing strategy is communicated, understood and accepted by all unit members ·
- As a result of effective performance management programs, all first-line managers deliver full performance ·
- Leads processes, systems and people side of all change initiatives in the plant ·
- Sets stretching but achievable objectives for all people in the unit ·
- Addresses poor performers quickly at all levels ·
- Engagement plan implementation leads to constant Engagement index improvement ·
- Lives and promotes company values and culture, and helps employees to understand and embrace them ·
- Regularly updates team members on company processes, changes and initiatives · Performance management systems are implemented with discipline ·
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with team, internal customers, peers, institutions, suppliers ·
- Builds productive relationships with the employee/ union representatives ·
- Builds and re-reinforces relationships with Planning, Warehouse, Quality and Engineering units, including boundary management routines and relationship building activities with other units in the plant · Builds relationship with professional associations, specialized universities ·
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with the relevant government bodies ·
- Drives innovation by sourcing people for innovation projects ·
- Ensures continuous process improvement exploring Group and industry benchmark and employees input ·
- Listens to and encourages employee recommendations and implements the ones ] delivering value ·
- Learns and implements best practices from outside and shares own best practices within CC Hellenic ·
- Promotes process automation and use of technology across the whole organization ·
- Ensures health and safety of all employees in the plant ·
- Ensures CC Hellenic Environment Policy is strictly followed and environmental culture and mindset is speared across the unit, including setting of clear and stretchy environmental targets to reduce use of resources and energy ·
- Plays a leading role in implementing communication and actions which put the Quality First (product, behavior, communication, etc.) ·
- Ensures effective systems are in place to guarantee CC Hellenic/TCCC products and package quality Candidates must be willing to work in any of our twelve plants across the country. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
University degree relevant to Manufacturing (engineering, food & beverage processing related)
Desired candidate profile
- University degree relevant to Manufacturing (engineering, food & beverage processing related) .
- 10 years working experience in the field of production management.
- 3-5 years people management responsibilities, In depth knowledge of a bottling organization: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health & Safety
- Ability to make and communicate hard decisions and courage to stay the course.
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions .
- Ability to think tactically and strategically .
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins .
- Ability to select and assess first-line managers .
- Coaching direct reports and mentoring others .
- Ability to empower managers .
- Ability to translate function strategy into unit/section's plan.
- Ability to lead and manage change.
- Ability to set standards for management performance.
- High integrity . Articulate communicator and effective listener .
- Ability to adapt leadership style appropriately .
- Ability to build relationships to improve results .
- Ability to understand what drives peers in other functions.
- Knowledge of the contributions of all functions.
- Open minded and willing to experiment and try new things.