The principal responsibility of the plumber is installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal.
Key aims and objectives:
- The plumber is to Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components.
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Select the type and size of pipes required.
- Install supports and hangers for pipes, Fixtures and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings.
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls.
- Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems
- Install, repair and maintains plumbing fixtures, appliance and trim.
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures
- Apply all codes to installations, repairs and maintenance
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meets the requirements of the appropriate codes.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environment protection requirements.
- Keeps daily reports
Performs other related duties as required.