- The policy consultant will coordinate and monitor development as it relates to law reform agenda in the National Assembly.
- This person will contribute to the development of strategies, products and projects to improve the enabling environment in support of women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights.
- S/He will assist in carrying out country- level advocacy efforts and assist in contributing to law reform efforts.
- Liaise and make contact with legislators as we as coordinate the series of one on one meetings with legislators in the National Assembly regarding the Violence Against Persons Bill which is currently pending in the Senate.
- S/He will map the legislators in the National Assembly and identify those that are opinion leaders, plenary speakers, bench warmers, nocturnal networkers.
- 1st degree in Law, Social Sciences or related discipline
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 3-5years Experience in NGO related work and Research, monitoring and evaluation, legislative advocacy
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills.- Proficiency in MS Office required