- As the ideal candidate, you are passionate about Operations and have a strong desire to drive and improve Maersk Line’s performance within the Container Terminal environment, never accepting the status quo. You have a sound operations background, work well unsupervised and understand the challenges of working with different stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- The ‘Operations Performance Partner’ is the representative of the AFRLOC and will be physically based in key strategic ports. You act as both the local entry point to stakeholders and as guardian of local Waterside Operations Execution for all ports and vessels within your geographical scope.
- As guardian of local operations execution, you will lead a team of 2 x Waterside Operations Coordinators (based in Onne and Lagos), whom will identify non-adherence to operational standards with the aim of improving and resolving these. You will assist the AFRLOC with the creation and execution of contingencies and also support the execution staff in AFRLOC with port and process specific knowledge/updates to enable/assist/improve their day to day execution efforts.
- You will be required to build relationships with relevant key stakeholders (Terminal, Port authorities, 3rd party service providers, ML vessel command, etc.) and use those relationships to coordinate the continuous improvement and stabilisation of operation’s execution.
- You will be based in Lagos, Nigeria and will report directly to the AFRLOC Marine Manager, forming an essential part of the Africa Liner Operations Cluster, which is situated in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Lead your team, providing coaching, training and improving their execution processes.
- Drive and improve port productivity and reduce vessel port stay by executing the port call gameplan.
- Identify and address operational stoppages, with view to eliminate, by Root cause analysis, process improvement and best sharing practices.
- Build and maintain Internal and External relationships and ensure engagement with all stakeholders.
- Logging and resolving of all Vessel, Equipment and Cargo claims within the Container Terminal
- Informing the AFRLOC of progress on the execution of the agreed capacity and marine plans (berthing lineup, execution of stowage plan, sitrep monitoring) per vessel.
- Help the AFRLOC and the local organization make well informed choices between commercial upsides and operational exposures
- Ensure the Terminal, Port Authorities and Stevedore execute the plans of the AFRLOC for each vessel; this includes addressing and resolving Stowage related issues.
Who we are looking for
- At least a Marine Diploma or an equivalent level in Shipping, Logistics, Transport or science background is preferred
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a transportation/container business role within operations, capacity management, Marine or Cargo Execution
- Previous experience in Operations Execution as Port Captain, Operations Manager etc.
- Working knowledge of Maersk Line systems (e.g. RKEM, GSIS, GCSS) is imperative
In addition to providing a constantly challenging and enriching work experience, we offer the following learning and development opportunities:
- Process Improvement
- Strategy deployment
- Performance Management
- Global (multi-cultural) communication and interaction
- Diverse stakeholder management.