Our client is hiring for Port Supervisor position who will control all shipping movements in its service harbor, and ensure that vessels entering, berthing and leaving the harbor safely, observe all port operation and safety regulations, including monitoring daily log book and refusing entry to unauthorized vessels, issue shipping notices, check navigational aids within harbor limits for defects and take and transmit meteorological data. Organize any evacuation done via marine units in case of emergency.
• Supervise and closely control all navigation and shipping movements in and around its service harbor. Maintain close watch by VHF radio, and allocate berths to vessels. May order closure of harbor in adverse weather condition and refuse to allow certain vessels to berth at jetty due to tides & Under Keel Clearance, weather conditions and draught of vessel.
• Maintain daily logbook on all vessels entering, berthing and leaving the service harbor, as well as vessels sheltering in lee area, sign daily and submit to Projects Logistics Team Leader. Submit a summary of traffic.
• Dispatch shipping notices, as well as standing instructions and port operational manual or any update thereof to vessels and craft in the service harbor on a regular basis. Ensure that service harbor regulations and safety rules are strictly complied with.
• Check navigational aids in the harbor, light buoys, and navigational lights on weekly basis to ensure proper functioning, receive reports by marine units of any related deficiencies and verify the case prior reporting defects to Logistics team leader for necessary action.
• Take meteorological data, such as temperature, pressure, wind direction and velocity, waves and humidity three times per day. and transmit information to Abu Dhabi weather synopsis compilation / National Center of Weather & Seismology.
• Master Mariner Certificate for ocean-going vessels unlimited.
• 5 years experience at oil & gas industry and worked in capacity of Captain for more than 2 years and/or a Harbour Master for the same period.