• Design and conduct a comprehensive community, household, and plot level survey to generate high-quality data for rigorous adoption and impact assessment of improved varieties.
• Assemble secondary data on experimental yields and related parameters for a range of technology options which are needed for measuring and attributing impacts on crop yields and incomes.
• Assess the extent, determinants, and pathways of adoption of improved varieties.
• Develop and apply innovative methods for quantifying the impacts of improved varieties on food security and poverty reduction in a manner that goes beyond establishing causality and estimating average effects.
• Publish research findings in international peer reviewed journals.
• Prepare technical reports and establish adoption and impact database.
• Translate research findings into recommendations for policy action for greater technology adoption and impacts.
• Contribute to capacity strengthening of national partners; and
• Participate actively in annual review and planning meetings.
The candidate should have a PhD in agricultural economics, economics, or development economics from a highly recognized university.
• Demonstrated experience with impact evaluation of agricultural technologies on food and nutrition security and poverty reduction.
• Knowledge of data collection tools and analytical methods for adoption and impact assessment.
• Knowledge of econometric modeling methods and software (e.g. Stata) for adoption and impact assessment.
• Demonstrated experience with large-scale technology adoption and impact surveys.
• A high degree of personal organization and ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Demonstrated ability to write and publish journal articles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; and
• Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions
in a pleasant campus environment.
Duty station: Abuja or Kano, Nigeria
General information: The contract will be for an initial period of two years. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.