Cummins Inc. is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
- Responsible for all sales activities and results for a specific line of business in a given territory or region. Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals.
- Manages the sale of company products and services for a specific line of business.
- Develops sales personnel, customer accounts, and providing co-management and training to regional sales force.
- Establishes and implements sales plans as needed to support all target markets.
- Achieves sales goals associated with revenue and profit targets.
- Trains and manages existing sales organization dealers and new customers.
- Develops and implements sales objectives, strategies, promotional programs and ensures their execution.
- Provides reporting on forecasts, budgets, sales and distributor performance.
- Identifies and pursues growth opportunities.
- Coaches and motivates sales staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
- Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
Required Skills & Experience:
Skills – Leadership:
- Solid understanding of how to think strategically
- Encourages and empowers others to achieve; establishes challenging performance standards; creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment, and a desire to excel
- Ability to create an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions
- Ability to develop plans that are thorough, realistic, and effective in meeting goals
- Ability to manage the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools and effective delegation
- Ability to analyze issues by gathering relevant information systematically and considering a broad range of issues or factors
- Ability to accurately assesses strength and development needs of employees; give timely, specific feedback and helpful coaching; provide challenging assignments and opportunities for development
Skills – Technical:
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in implementation of customer or territory projects and improvement activities
- Ability to develop rapport, build trust, and create value in relationships with customers and channel partners
- Ability to establish a plan for a call, set call objectives, develop a call strategy, and conduct and close the call. Incorporates Sales Dialogue Skills (Listening and Probing)
- Ability to assess the support needs of the territory or customer, develop and deliver the training, policies and programs to support them and establishes a communication network
- Ability to understand profitability performance and reasons for variation with appropriate actions to address and ensure maximization of margin across product lines
- Ability to identify and execute the key initiatives to achieve goals with customers and/or channel partners
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means
- Ability to understand and act on financial information
- Identifies, recognizes, and uses negotiating tactics; understands and knows how to develop and leverage power in a negotiation
- Ability to recognize and execute opportunities to up-sell
College, university, or equivalent degree in sales, marketing, or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.