- The incumbent is expected to possess outstanding consulting skills with a proven track record of people management.
- The successful candidate will assist in building a highly professional and profitable practice, with exceptional total client service experience, adopting best technical practices on all briefs and facilitating total development and growth of all members of staff.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop the practice under his charge in line with the overall business and strategic vision.
- Coordinate the process of enhancing business capabilities, generating ideas and opportunities for growth.
- Supervise all engagements to ensure quality control and terms of engagement are respected.
- Ensure engagement briefs are completed within time budgets, debriefing reports are generated and records properly backed up.
- Conduct half year reviews for all reports.
- Direct important client engagements and ensure projects are aligned to client goals and agenda.
- Have a good understanding of the specific needs of major clients and ability to cascade same to relevant subordinates.
Learning and Development:
- Develop in-house training programs for the team.
- Drive knowledge management in the practice to company-wide sharing of insight gained from research and projects.
Sales and Marketing:
- Assist the Lead Consultant with market expansion efforts, interfacing the market and product development/enrichment.
- Liaise with peers to optimise consulting opportunities
- Write and coordinate proposals and participate in marketing meetings.
- Actively engage major clients to generate new leads.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of thought leadership in the organisation.
- Ability to facilitate communication across multiple work streams.
- Ability to act as head for other members of staff and coordinate their activities effectively.
- Ability to actively engage with clients.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in written and spoken English.
- A degree qualified chartered accountant, with 2-3 years public practice experience; with verifiable achievement in technical competence.
- Knowledge of work culture and practices in foreign environments will be an advantage.