Our client is a full-service corporate and commercial law firm, based in Lagos, which provides high-value legal services to clients in a broad range of diverse, complex and high profile matter.
Our client is looking to recruit a Practice Manager - the overall responsibility of the Practice Manager is to provide management of the day to day operations of the Firm. In addition to running the office, must know about standard human resources practices, and will able fulfill other business management duties.
The role of Practice Manager covers the following range of areas:-
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- IT, Office Administration and Facilities Management
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Recruitment and Selection, Training Administration, Performance Evaluation, Review practice systems and policies, and procedures
- Maintenance of Building & equipment, Purchasing, Ensuring Smooth running of Telecommunications, reception services, internet, mail, dispatch, generator maintenance, security etc
- Ensuring compliance with work Product quality control, professional standards and other practice management functions
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must be able to work with minimal Supervision
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be a proven leader and outstanding manager who can think big, inspire others and collaborate broadly to motivate teams
- Excellent Organisational Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum experience 8 years post graduation experience in similar capacity
- Demonstrated understanding of the business of law, including finance, staffing models and industry trends
- Previous international exposure/experience preferred
- Prior experience as practice manager or equivalent role within a professional services firm/company.
- Confident and enthusiastic – prepared to put forward ideas and give constructive advice.