The purpose of this role is to gauge, assess and drive pricing and distribution strategies that are pragmatic and effective from a local area of sale perspective, but at the same time falls within the network revenue management guiding parameters. You will build, manage and administer mid and long-term strategies using local and hands-on knowledge of these markets.
- Develop pricing strategy for all pricing related issues for the region that offer the ability to compete with OAL fare structure in the market and leverage on product and network strength. The comparison would allow the regions to focus on a particular fare basis, or fare type to ensure maximum revenue. Strategic and Tactical fares review and approval
- Regularly monitor and evaluate competitive fares comparing with current Etihad levels. Appropriate action to be taken based on OAL activities to minimize shift of bookings and to achieve maximum revenue to the company
- Recommend/request new SPA sectors beyond new routes to develop new market segment. Identify opportunity to optimize revenue/seat factor on Etihad routes
- Reviewing all types of fare violations and fare discrepancies. Updating all approved fares to revenue accounts and amendments
- Establish fares for all proposed new routes well in advance
- University post-graduate Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 7 years required in the airline industry with basic qualification in tariff and ticketing disciplines
- 4-5 years data and business analysis & report production, ideally in commercial and sales environment
- Recognized IATA or Airline Advanced Passenger and Pricing Course
- Analytical skills, both numeric and commercial and an excellent command of the English language
- Must have knowledge of fare construction and GDS distribution.
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc/knowledge of MS Office applications
- Report writing and presentation skills
- High familiarity with GDS, MIDT, management accounting reports, etc