Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
We are seeking to hire Teachers in the following level:
Also advantageous are extra skills, such as:
· Community and modern languages.
· Home Economics
The ideal candidate will:
· Develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
· Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with pupils, and by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
· Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
· Assess and record progress and prepare pupils for examinations. They link pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- teaching all areas of the primary curriculum;
- taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils;
- organising the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
- planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
- motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- maintaining discipline;
- preparing and marking work to facilitate positive pupil development;
- meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- providing feedback to parents and carers on a pupil's progress at parents' evenings and other meetings;
- coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- working with others to plan and coordinate work;
- keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Meeting with other professionals such as education welfare officers and educational psychologists, if required.
Minimum of NCE, Bachelor Degree in Education (B.Ed.) or a BA/BSc with a teaching experience. OND, HND with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or OND, HND with teaching
Skills You will need:
- excellent communication and interpersonal abilities;
- good organisational and time-management skills;
- energy, enthusiasm, stamina, patience, dedication and self-discipline;
- initiative, leadership and supervisory skills and team working abilities;
- imagination, creativity and a sense of humour;
- good judgement and an analytical mind;
- a satisfactory health record