The Channel Networking Sales Specialist will represent Citrix in all activities associated with partner business development and partner development to support the local team’s Networking Business Plans. The primary responsibility of the role is to help grow pipeline and sales from Channel partners. This is accomplished through multiple activities including developing strategies with the partner for differentiation, market penetration, and revenue/ margin growth as tools to achieve and surpass quota.
Responsible for strengthening relationships between partners and Citrix business units including but not limited to Field Sales, Inside Sales, Enterprise Sales, ISV, Corp Dev, CBA, Channel Marketing, etc. – managing to conclusion business issues that directly affect the ability to develop long-term relationships between Citrix and the Partners. Specializing in the Networking product subset; Application Delivery solutions. In particular, Citrix NetScaler, Repeater and Branch Repeater, Access Gateway Enterprise and Application Firewall-based solutions.
- Develop a Partner Profile plan with the Director of Channels for the region and establish specific country actions in order to develop and build the Networking Partner Architecture for the region.
- Work with local Partner Managers to build Networking into Business Plans and gain support of the reseller to build a Networking Business based on Sales and Technical Competency
- Act as a sales coach to influence partners’ ability to increase their Networking revenue, margin and technical services
- Become the point of excellence for Citrix Networking products, programs, sales methodology, and licensing to effectively manage complex partner issues and questions pertaining to product licensing, product features and program requirements
- Support Channel Readiness and Partner Manager plans to deliver training activities which articulate Citrix’ strategic direction, product and technology roadmaps, requisite sales skills, go-to-market planning, demand creation and monitor resellers progress towards adherence to program requirements
- Help build and drive Local Networking Channel plan, inline with EMEA Networking Channel Plan for overall Networking channel partner sales growth, including the recruitment and certification of new value added resellers in their territory
- Support local Channel teams to recruit new prospective partners by driving strategic conversations with senior leaders that address how Citrix can help them achieve their specific selling objectives and solve their customers’ specific IT challenges. Uses specific examples and success stories that resonate with the partner.
- Has already developed strong senior-level relationships within partners in their territory and leverages those relationships to drive new business through phone and on-site visits.
- Ensure Citrix is included in Partners' Annual and Quarterly Business Plans to include, but not limited to Organizational Plan, Citrix Sales Plan, Citrix Education Plan, Citrix Marketing Plan
- Work closely with Sales counterparts to drive the partner to quota attainment, with appropriate product blend by connecting Citrix End-User sales teams with Partner End-User sales teams.
- Work closely with Channel Marketing to provide project and content coordination in support of partner-driven marketing events
- Assess and monitor the business and technical service capability of the partner.
To deliver incremental pipeline and opportunities to sell to the Citrix sales teams through development of networking business with Channel Partners by leveraging existing relationships and recruiting new partners
To increase the technical skills of Channel Partners in order to ensure Citrix customers have a positive experience of our Networking products.
To act as a product and market specialist for our networking business, working with the local Partner Managers an Channel team to support them in driving our Networking products into their accounts as preferred sell-to solutions as well as platform choices for hosted, managed and outsourced services.
Ensuring Networking is a core part of all partner plans and help in the recruitment, establishment and management of partners where the partner manager requires assistance or no partner manager exists.
Identify addition channel partners and work with Alliances, other vendors, distribution and other resources to recruit and light-touch engage on an on-going basis.
Maintain visibility of the overall Networking Pipeline creation from Channel and ensure optimum coverage, identifying areas of development and working with local resources to support and drive.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Expert understanding of how partners make money in a channel ecosystem
- Expert understanding of how Citrix products create value for customers
- Expert understanding of localized technology marketplace and trends
- Strong level of financial acumen, in order to have "business discussions with business people"
- Strong communication, presentation, listening skills
- Can effectively deliver difficult messages while emphasizing a positive, future-oriented perspective
- Highly adaptable to changes in business direction, products, and needs both from a partner perspective and Citrix perspective
- Ability to influence vs. control a partner
- Successful track record of relationship / partner management with notable sales accomplishments
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field(s) required
- 7 years plus of relevant channel sales experience
- Excellent personal network of regional contacts within the Cisco/ MS Partner community
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent English and local market languages essential
- Solid understanding of networking, security, WEB applications and high availability networks
- Availability for travel as required (up to 60%)