- To act as a focal point/technical authority for mechanical engineering questions throughout all phases of engineering design, construction and offshore installation, commissioning and operation
- To provide mechanical engineering input to other disciplines to assure that design outputs are consistent.
- To act as Company / Alliance authority for the review of Design Bases, design drawings, specifications, etc.
- To act as required as the Company / Alliance representative (Mechanical) to ensure that design work by contractors meets Company standards and relevant industry codes
- To monitor the performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions related to mechanical design.
- To assist Company / Alliance resident and/or project engineers with the mechanical engineering aspects of Facilities design.
- To assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation
- To initiate and coordinate tasks needed for project execution including permitting or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
- To participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews.
- To assist in the development Nigerian mechanical engineers
- To provide input to Front End/Conceptual Engineering studies with respect to mechanical design aspects.
- To establish and maintain a facilities mechanical installations database
- Provide input to Integrity Management and Planned Maintenance planning
- Minimum twenty (20) years relevant experience with an oil industry design and fabrication contractor
- Must have worked in as a mechanical engineer/senior mechanical engineer for an Operator and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects
- Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
- Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years
- Good understanding of project management controls and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
- Solid working knowledge of oil and gas industry mechanical engineering codes and standards.
- Have thorough knowledge of the design of onshore and offshore oil production facilities
- Have the ability to utilise common process and mechanical design software for systems design and analysis
- Sound understanding of HSES management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety.
- Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with
Terms & Conditions Princial Engineer,Mechanica
- 07:30 – 16:30 hrs – with additional hours as require
- National Resident Contract position