Position: Principal – Merchant Segment Advisors
The Principal is focused on helping merchant, acquiring and co-brand partners with their pressing strategic challenges. The person will work at a regional level with a principal emphasis on merchant solution development, consultative selling, market leadership, revenue and profitability generation, and strategic client management.
This person has the responsibility for building and developing the Advisors business for merchants, acquirers and cobrand partners in the Europe region. As such the individual must have a solid background working with merchants, as well as consulting to be innovative in proposing consultative solutions and deliver data-driven insights.
The role focuses on the following:
- Partner with the head of Market Development and develop a plan to support the regions strategic imperatives
- Help clients address pressing challenges and answer key business questions through methodologies and solution development
- Builds relationships with key merchant clients that can be leveraged by MasterCard and MasterCard Advisors.
- Teams with Market Development to identify and qualify opportunities
- Develops approaches and solutions gleaned from data driven insights and quantifies the value of these opportunities
- Generates leads and manages sales calls, develops client proposals, provides pricing recommendations and closes Advisors engagement contracts
- Directs and contributes to key engagements from conceptualization through delivery
- Proactively plays a high value added role throughout the customer relationship and Advisors engagement lifecycle, ensuring quality delivery and repeat sales
- Extends content area expertise across the Region; supports sales across Co-brand, Acquiring and Merchants.
- Develops a strong understanding of client needs, market conditions, and industry characteristics as they relate to Advisors offerings in order to develop complex engagements and up-sell services to clients
- Leads account planning on an ongoing basis, to strategically define the MCA sales effort and partner with Market Development and other MasterCard areas
- Manages merchant pipeline, establishes budget and tracks revenue against budget
- Establishes/leverages content area expertise on multiple topics and employs that expertise in an advisory or sales role across the region
- Accountable for meeting key metrics such as revenue, net income, scope forecast accuracy, recurring business and customer satisfaction/delight
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- BA minimum; advanced degree preferred
- Strong experience working with merchants, payments industry sales and/or consulting
-Excellent verbal and written skills across a variety of channels, including phone calls, large meetings, deck writing, prose writing and proposal writing
-Excellent at articulating and defending a position on key industry topics
-Excellent analytical reasoning and superior quantitative skills
Languages: Local language required, Fluent English, Other language skills highly desirable