To provide in depth discipline expertise to the Project Team concerning all aspects of Electrical engineering through front-end engineering, conceptual and detail design, procurement, construction, and commissioning and initial operation. As such, safeguarding of design and operational integrity and continuous improvement of existing and future electrical installations are key responsibilities.
To ensure compatibility with the overall system process design, and cost effectiveness in the selection of the equipment, in order to minimise life cycle cost. This is a contract role needed for a period of 18 months
Responsible for effective implementation and operation of maintenance management system and spares/tools as it relates to electrical, instrument, control and systems to safeguard as-built integrity of the facilities to achieve best value for money throughout the facility life cycle.
Ensure high reliability of safeguarding, control, instrumentation and systems facilities by developing /implementing appropriate maintenance strategy.
Carry out fire-fighting system integrity checks by executing periodic test to ascertain A&R
Perform the roles of the electrical systems discipline head in the facility including interfacing with the corporate discipline head, providing inputs to projects and initiation of best practices and new technology for strategic cost leadership such as trending global changes/improvement in safeguarding, instrumentation and control systems.
Design input. 2. Drawing reviews. 3. Hazop and Hazid. 4. Inspection and audits.
Generate the facility maintenance reference plan (MRP) that ensures an all-embracing and structured maintenance management as an input to the Asset Reference Plan.
Provide Electrical Engineering support and direction in the development of FEED through detail design and up to development of approved for construction drawings.
Co-ordinate all design/ reviews for the project relating to electrical and instrument systems, ensuring HSE and SD requirements are fully met. Serve as Corrective Action Manager (CAM) for all Electrical Engineering design reviews.
Participate in NECONDE's drive to enhance its asset integrity both from a design as well as an operational point of view for all projects in the pre-startup phase.
Identify cost effectiveness and innovative technology application.
Provide Electrical Engineering support in the bidder’s selection and preparation of the ITT, clarification and technical evaluation of all the execution contracts.
Achieve project schedules within budget, ensuring that project plans are implemented and maintained
To achieve cost effectiveness and a 'fit-for-purpose' design without compromising technical integrity, operability, maintainability and reliability
Key Result Areas:
Implementation and Operation of Maintenance Management System
Develop and Implement Appropriate Maintenance Strategy
Facility Fire-fighting Capacity Assurance
Facility Discipline Head Role
Subject Matter Expertise
Facility Maintenance Reference Plan
Quality assurance and Asset integrity of projects
Contracting and procurement
· Leading a team.
· Understanding the importance of the company’s business and safety requirements.
· Demonstrate effective management of Customer/Suppliers/Contractors Relations.
· Determine Facility Maintenance Requirements
· Broad knowledge and application of Risk Assessment for all construction and operation field tasks.
· Ability to seek opportunities to expand and apply technical knowledge, skill and experience in doing own job.
- Graduate Engineer or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional engineer with a minimum of 15 experience in Electrical Engineering in the Oil & Gas/petrochemical industry particularly in the areas of design, construction, commissioning and start-up of electrical engineering equipment and installations. At least 5 years experience of working in a Senior Electrical Engineering Role and minimum 2 years in a similar role on a major project.
- Demonstrable experience in technical clarifications, equipment specification, inspection and testing major electrical engineering.
- Working knowledge of the Oil Industry Design Engineering Specifications, and familiarity with appropriate International Standards.
Experienced with the requirements of HAZOP, SAFOP and FIREPRAN studies.
- Capable of managing the link between Contractors and the equipment Vendors /Manufacturer to ensure that the facilities are built in compliance with NEL Standards and HSES policies.