- Be the definitive source of knowledge, technique, and expertise in an infrastructure technology domain. Function as the organizational ambassador for the respective knowledge area, and apply the expertise to support an organization's vision and strategic direction. Understands industry best practices and monitors the market for emerging technologies relevant to their domain of expertise and is responsible for implementation of the technology of the assigned area
- Understands, articulates, and implements best practices related to their domain of expertise. Lead or be an active participant of a work-group with the need for specialized knowledge. Provides guidance on how their domain of expertise can resolve an organizational need, and actively participates in all phases of the technology life cycle.
- Responsible during project assignments for identifying business requirements and recommending a technical approach to meet those needs and generate design specifications for technology development.
There are Principal Engineer roles available under the following domains:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8+ yrs of directly related work experience in their area of expertise
- Related knowledge and experience in core system configuration and systems testing
- Having worked in a global, highly matrixed IT environment
- Preferably technical leadership and architecture experience
- Understanding of solution technologies such as Messaging / Voice / Networks / Servers / DB / Storage / Web / Middleware / End User / Datacentre Facilities
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Understanding of industry standard project management methods (e.g. PMBOK)
Preferred Additional Qualification
Must have experience working on mission critical and highly complex environments, specifically using the following technologies:
- IBM Storage DS8800 and XIV
- IBM SVC
- Symantec Backup and Recovery
- CCIE Routing and Switching
- Designed and implemented complex network solutions relevant to airline industry.
- 8+ Years experience in providing 3rd level network infrastructure support.
- 8+ Years experience in implementation of solutions using Cisco/Juniper equipment.
- Proficient and hands on experience on the following network technologies/Protocols: MAN/WAN/LAN, Routing & Switching, MPLS, WAN optimisation, Remote Access Technology, VPN, Wireless Network, Network Management tools, Security Technologies (Firewall & IPS