The principal function of this position is:
The successful candidate will be working at senior level in their current organization, and be familiar with leading and running building services mechanical engineering design projects across a diverse range of market sectors. With a well developed knowledge of international codes and standards, the post holder will be able to demonstrate the ability to act independently, provide cost effective, technically sound design solutions. The post holder will spend time overseeing designs undertaken in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong commitment to design leadership and also be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- An ability to lead and manage project designs in collaboration with the management team to deliver a sustainable solutions with a careful assessment and awareness of commercial risks
- A strong working knowledge of contract types ie Design / design and Build etc, industry standard appointments and other industry standard guides and documentation is essential. A track record of delivering high quality designs is essential.
- Work in a multidisciplinary design team to successfully deliver multidiscipline and sustainable solutions for building projects.
- A strong understanding of analytical techniques and be able to work with team members to deliver innovative solutions based on sound engineering theory.
- An interest in building design and demonstrate an ability to work from first principles to deliver best solutions to meet Client needs.
- Be able to interface and work with Clients, contractors and suppliers through the normal project cycle to develop system design.
- Assist in developing a team that will offer a full range of skills to provide a full building engineering service.
The applicant will as part of the their normal duties undertake the following tasks:
- Liaising with new and existing clients on project procurement.
- Assisting directors on fees submission and negotiations.
- Preliminary studies including Budget Estimation, concept development and sign off.
- Schematic and Detail Design.
- Inter services coordination.
- Specifications and tender documentation.
- Indoor Air Quality investigations.
- Refurbishment of mechanical services.
- Site Investigation and due diligence reports.
- Management of multiple projects with priority identification.
- Leading team of engineers and CAD draft persons.
- Review of equipment tech data against specification and relevant codes & standards.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate expertise in the following design areas
- Air conditioning system design
- Undergorund parking, indoor ventilation and smoke exhaust system design
- Building and site drainage system design (Soil and waste )
- Building and site plumbing system design ( Hot and cold water)
- Building Fire protection and external hydrant system design
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Have a relevant degree qualification in either Mechanical Engineering, Building Engineering or a related subject.
- A Chartered or Professional Engineer is an advantage
- Be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to technical and career development.
- Demonstrate a sound commercial knowledge and be able to able to apply appropriate and cost effective working practices.
- Be able to organize both their own workload and organize project team members.
- Competent in the use of industry standard software and Microsoft office suite of software.
- Provide sound engineering advise to clients and collaborators.
- Degree Qualified, Chartered or Professional Engineer
- Demonstrate the necessary qualifications and skills of a discipline leader required for a Grade A consultant in UAE
- Relevant working experience at a similar level in their current organisation is essential
- Fluent in English (Arabic speaking an advantage)
- Min 12 years experience in a design role, with at least 5 years at a senior level.