The role will be based in Bristol and will work on the OSyS Equipment Health Management Solution that has been developed to eliminate the causes of unscheduled downtime of high value assets, to improve our customers' performance and profitability.
The focus of the role is to ensure the OSyS product is correctly configured, installed and accepted by customers, either as a managed service, or as a deployed stand-alone solution.
- Point of contact for software technical aspects of the Product arising from its implementation for our customers and the introduction of new product releases
- Works with the Programme Manager, Implementation Consultants, Senior Implementation Engineers, Product Manager and Project Managers to identify and prioritize improvements to the product that will have a positive effect on implementation timescales, risk and service support
- Technical coordination and acceptance of new customer deployments and transition into service
- Translating Customer Requirements into high level deployment and technical requirements
- Translating high level deployment and technical requirements into detailed specifications & scripts
- Deployment and implementation activities in accordance with detailed specifications
- Planning, designing and conducting tests of the deployment and implementations; correcting errors and re-testing to achieve an error-free result
- Documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards
- Provides guidance and assistance to colleagues in Product Implementation (product architecture, deployment, testing and documentation)
- Taking part in evaluations of technical issues with Equipment Health Product Software and raising Change Requests into Product Development or Implementation activities as appropriate.
- Carrying out Implementation process improvement assignments as part of a team, applying knowledge, skills and expertise
- Evaluates all technical issues with the Product Software and raises Change Requests into Product Development or Implementation activities as appropriate
- Works with and supports the Product Manager in defining the Product Development Roadmap based on knowledge of implementation and service support issues
- Plans, design and conducts tests of the deployment and implementation, corrects errors and re-tests to achieve an error-free result
- Takes responsibility for the safe execution of deployment and implementation tasks. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of deployment and implementation task
- Responsible for building and maintaining technical environments to support all phases of Implementation
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Scientific, Computing or Engineering discipline, with a minimum of two years experience on a software engineering role
- Extensive experience with Oracle DB or SQL Server 2005/2008 experience - Able to create and interpret SQL queries and stored procedures
- SQL Server 2005/2008 experience - Able to create and interpret SQL queries and stored procedures
- Understanding of Project delivery and software/system integration;
- Ability to investigate and resolve technical software issues
- Pre-empt potential issues with system and data integrity
- Able to work independently (with some initial support)/as part of a team to meet project deliverables.
- Being proactive and where necessary discussing technical details with OSyS experts to resolve issues.
- Methodical approach to delivering solutions with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills:- Able to deal with internal/external customers to meet SLA's/deliverables
- Experience configuring Internet Information Services (IIS 6 and/or 7)
- Experience configuring MOSS 2007 (SharePoint)
- Experience using TALEND or similar ETL package
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) would be useful