We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
AECOM seek a Principal Mechanical Engineer. The incumbent must have a minimum of 15 years experience leading a team of design engineers in the development of various types and sizes of building engineering projects. A Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering would be essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for leading the design team to enhance the “Design Excellence” through qualified project delivery.
- Managing the design stage including coordination with project stakeholders and other external and internal parties to achieve project milestone targets.
- Liaising with clients concerning progress through meetings and transmittals.
- Conducting management review meetings to update higher management.
- Managing & co-coordinating engineering activities.
- Negotiating changes to the scope of work with the client and key sub-consultants.
- Planning, directing, supervising and controlling the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned project.
- Assigning responsibility to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications & strengths.
- Providing input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
- Working with other managers, project engineers and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as required.