To provide technical leadership and management of the structural designers on offshore projects.
- To ensure that all studies, general arrangement and detail drawings produced by him/her or staff under his/her supervision comply with the technical and requirements defined by the engineering team and are in accordance with the project and company procedures and standards.
- Checking the accuracy and technical adequacy of design drawings, MTOs and interfaces with other disciplines or supplier documentation.
- Present the attributes of the CAD system to assist in winning work.
- Plan and manage the drawing production task on a project.
- Estimate manhours required to perform design tasks.
- Identify and solve detailing problems in design.
- Manage a design budget to execute a scope of work.
- Record and communicate decisions to the team.
- Take responsibility and “own” his team’s work.
- Train junior staff on the team.
- Manage conflict when encountered.
- Input to CB&I standards and procedures.