- To provide support to the Chief Process Engineer to consolidate/ improve the department profile within and external to the company.
- Input and support to company bids/ proposals.
- Technical input/ knowledge as required to resolve design queries.
- Deputise for Chief Process Engineer as required.
- Act as a Lead Engineer to manage process resources, technical input and deliverables on a project.
- Assistance in a leading role on large projects to the Lead Engineer with responsibility of an area / section of the project.
- Company procedures are adhered to for the project.
- Technical requirements for project are achieved.
- Project/ contract objectives are achieved and quality of work is maintained.
- Completion of project within budget/ schedule and milestones.
- Company EHS procedures/ interfaces are carried out.
- Co-ordinate process resources for the project.
- Co-ordinate all project related process group activities.
- Assist Chief Process Engineer in developing / improving the technical capabilities of the Process Department.
- Assist the Chief Process Engineer in the submission of technical bids / proposals.
- Act as mentor for graduates.
- Demonstrate experience in a lead or corporate management role with up to 20 staff.
- Be interacting on a daily or weekly basis with clients & prospective client management, internal management and departmental teams.
- Both produce and approve others’ Project Design Basis documentation, project execution plans and schedule updates.
- Have the ability to promote their own and company experience in at least two process technologies (e.g. oil & gas production, gas treating, NGL recovery, LNG, refining or petrochemicals units).
- Demonstrate the ability to instruct others in all unit operations (fluid flow, separation, heat transfer, mass transfer etc).
- Produce and check process deliverables: PFDs, philosophies, P&IDs, data sheets, sections of simulations for process technologies and will also guide others; review and challenge where appropriate the deliverables produced by others.
- Have had significant input to at least three project phases (commissioning, detailed engineering, basic engineering, studies), each on a number of occasions.
- Report on schedule and progress against plan for work activities and projects.
- Allocate personnel resources, and build the team capabilities through coaching.
- Control manpower resources to deliver effective solutions.
- Be commercially and risk aware, challenging the position on projects where appropriate and agreeing risk reduction schemes with projects & management in risk areas including HSE, HAZOP, technical and commercial.
- Be skilled, and instruct others, in report writing; make Process Technical Presentations to all management levels, both internally and externally.
- Support new business generation - preparing estimates and plans for approval by the Chief Engineer.
- Use and understand the background of existing corporate guidelines, departmental systems and procedures, propose and review improvements, alternatives and additions.
- Setting priorities for themselves and their teams.
- Presenting cases to senior management and negotiating a position where necessary.
- React positively to challenges and cope with the pressure of work.
A Chartered Engineer with experience of working in a contractor or company engineering department.
Skills – oil and gas processing facilities for major offshore platforms
Essential Previous Technical Experience – Senior position with Contractor as checker and approver, project standards development and technical assurance.
Essential Previous Management Experience – Process task scheduling, planning, reporting as Lead Engineer of major teams.
Desirable Previous Technical Experience – Hands-on role for studies and projects in facilities development for gas processing, including AGR and NGL recovery.
Desirable Previous Management Experience – Staff development and coaching.
Be capable of fulfilling a range of and delegating teams tasks and duties, often simultaneously.
Be adaptable, demonstrating that they can meet all change(s) in technology and working practices, actively and positively supporting their own need and the needs of the department to develop multiple skills.
Have skills in persuasion and assertion.