The Asset Support team is engaged in supporting SNEPCO's production subsea asset and well operations as well as project activities within the Deepwater Projects Lagos delivery office. This Principal Subsea Engr. role will provide operational and technical support to intervention activities on Field Support Vessels and Rigs utilised in the ongoing subsea construction/maintenance of SNEPCO offshore facilities. Further details on responsibility include:
• managing the activities required for the day to day operation of Field Support Vessel(s) and Rig intervention including planning,cost control and contract management. This will include ROV and diving operations. Solicite and evaluate Operations input in activites.
• Ensure that the Field Support Vessel(s) capability and availability is maximised. This includes ensuring that the intervention resources perform per the customer’s expectations with regard to cost,schedule and quality.
• Ensure that equipment,personnel and procedures required for Rig intervention activities are ready and available to meet Rig intervention schedule
• Manage the preparation of detailed subsea intervention/construction procedures. Provide technical support to contractors in work preparation.
• Initiate and implement appropriate safety review processes.
• Accountability for cost,schedule,safety,and reliability.
• A professional with a minimum of 12 years experience in a subsea engineering environment. with at least a minimum of 5 years in Intervention
• Good knowledge of deepwater subsea hardware and systems engineering design and construction methods including practices, procedures, codes, standards, and regulations.
• Experience of Remote Operated Vehicle and diving operations.
• Good supervisory qualities and experience, including good communication skills, and proactive commitment to HSE
• The ability to manage change in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities
• Demonstrated effectiveness in driving change.
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and culture, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Skillful at leading through influence.
• Values and is open to listening to stakeholders perspectives, maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership.
• High personal energy level with a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals. This post requires a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and possessing the ability to communicate well and interact.