The Principal Subsea Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering and coordination skills to project teams (as “subsea systems lead engineer”) in realization of reliable, completely functional subsea systems,consisting of both topsides and subsea components, on schedule and within budget. The work can span the system selection, FEED, detailed design and execution phases of prospect development. The scope will also involve providing support to the subsea surveillance team in the planning and execution of intervention activities for subsea facilities.
In particular he or she will work the following as required:
• Ensure that all deliverables and responsibilities as defined in the project subsea systems assurance framework are carried out effectively applying HSSE risk management, provide leadership in HSSE and insure process safety in design.
• Understand the range of uncertainty from a total system perspective and determine appropriate functionality, operating ranges and flexibility of design to meet project objectives.
• Prepare and coordinate subsea field layout,and utilize system models (steady-state,transient,and dynamic) to perform system optimization. Carry out subsea systems evaluation and integration.
• Support the evaluation and implementation of subsea systems technology solutions for the portfolio of Deepwater projects
• Finalization and Management of the Project Basis for Design and Design Data Sheet and support definition of the Projects Technical Integrity Verification Plan.
• Coordinate development of subsea operating procedures and guidelines.
• Custodian of Project Interface Matrix Definition and Management and of the Project’s Technical Issues Actions Register.
• Participate in all contracts Tendering and Award processes, support Construction, Installation, Commissioning and associated troubleshooting
• Interface management, coordinating and connecting the subsea components/disciplines as well as subsurface, wells, topsides and operations interfaces.
• A recognized BS in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Subsea Engineering or equivalent.
• 12 years experience in deepwater subsea hardware and systems engineering.
• Knowledge of existing standards and ability to develop Subsea System functionality requirements for new deep-water development projects.
• Thorough knowledge of deepwater subsea hardware and systems engineering design and construction methods including practices, procedures, codes, standards, and regulations.
• Played a significant role on a major project. Demonstrated capability to proactively implement plans, follow through with sustained execution and to meet project milestones
• Good supervisory qualities and experience, including good communication skills and proactive commitment to HSE
• Capability to proactively implement plans and following through execution to meet project milestones
• Coaching, mentoring and motivating others to be successful.
• High personal energy level with a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals. This post requires a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and possessing the ability to communicate well and interact.