The Principal Completions Engineer will be responsible for various deliverables within the Drilling &
Wells business unit from pre-operations through start-up and beyond.
- Input to conceptual and detailed completion design activities .
- Cost and time estimates of completion activities.
- Risk assessment of completion activities.
- Provide technical solutions to issues relating to drilling and wells activities.
- Provide close co-operation with the D&W facilities group through the detailed engineering
phase, looking at the total solution for Drilling modules layout, rig equipment, ICU rig solution
- Preparation for and input to all procurement activities related to Drilling and Completion
- Internal reporting to the D&W line, as well as the wider project group on QA/QC activities.
- Identification and follow up of technology qualification activities.
- Input to licence annual work programs and budgets
- Participation in Technical Committee meetings with partners.
- Close cooperation with the facilities and petroleum technology disciplines.
- Broad understanding of well completion and design activities.
- Strong design and operational experience.
- Experience from previous field development projects and heavy oil projects will be an
- Good overall understanding of field development activities and QA/QC processes.
- Proactive with the ability to take the initiative when required
- Adept at working independently and in collaboration with others
- Thrives in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Has a thirst for knowledge and enjoys sharing knowledge and experience
- Strong communication skills and able to give and receive feedsback in a positive way
- Self motivated and passionate
- Honours degree and relevant MSc essential.