As the Principle Microsoft SQL Server DBA, you will be responsible for engaging with customers throughout the UK to determine and meet their requirements and providing effective consultancy expertise to ensure the delivery of solutions. You will provide advice on new implementations, version updates, migrations, performance tuning and health checks for Microsoft SQL Server and related products.
You will also design robust implementation and migration paths, build high-availability data platforms and ensure the effective resolution of performance queries. Additionally, you will be tasked with allocating work streams to team members and facilitating key workshops with customers to ensure project requirements are effectively outlined.
- Experience as a principle or senior DBA
- A proven track record of acting as a technical lead in data platform projects
- Experience in the design, implementation and operation in at least one of the following: replication, clustering, SQL Server services, business intelligence and/or data warehouse technologies
- Experience with Blue chip companies
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2008 or 2005, backup, recovery performance tuning, T-SQL and stored procedures
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications
- A driving licence and access to your own vehicle
As the Principle Microsoft SQL Server DBA, you must have strong verbal and written communication skills, a keen eye for detail and superb planning abilities.
Microsoft SQL Server certifications would be beneficial to your application, as would an ISEB enterprise and solution architecture accreditation (or similar). Experience of working in a QMS environment would also be beneficial.