The account manager ensures the account plan is developed and followed, activity prioritised and relationships accelerated through sales and marketing activities; and creates an integrated, client-focused account team through communications, follow through, effective account team interactions and thorough performance analysis. identifies business development opportunities and ensures these are followed up.
- Take ownership for ensuring that the account plan and revenue budget is developed, implemented and measured against account performance, driving revenue growth across the account.
- Build internal networks across EY service lines in order to understand, identify and recommend the appropriate EY offerings and experts to support an opportunity.
- Understand clients’ strategy, issues, culture and challenges considering the impact on account strategy.
- Provide challenge and influence to the account team, being a sounding board for ideas.
- Meet personal sales target contributing to the account plan by: Matching EY offerings to client issues; initiating qualification process to ensure high quality sale and supporting the team to, or where possible actively take the opportunity to the client.
- Manage the Assessment of Service Quality (ASQ) and Win / Loss Review plans for the account.
- Execute the Account Management Framework on accounts
- Act as counsellor/mentor for junior BD staff.
- Manage the work of others, when necessary.
Client Relationship Activities
- Understand client relationships including their strength and quality, the background of key individuals and frequency of interaction.
- Identify, build and maintain client networks and relationships that will benefit the account team eg with procurement, client peer group etc
- Identify and create outputs that can support client conversations (ie. EY sales campaigns, deal mandates etc.)
- Prepare and participate in client relationship development interactions
- Support / run pursuit processes with the team
- Understand, interpret and provide insights around financial performance.
- Liaise with Indian team to ensure off-shored account activities are executed ie. relationship updates, reporting, account maintenance
Research and Knowledge Management
- Understand and deploy our EY resources for optimum return and revenue growth on the account, and share best practice
- Work closely with Industry Sector Centres, to bring appropriate sector knowledge and experts to the account
Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Applies account management concepts to priority account. Works both independently and with a team of multiple stakeholders. Must rely on influencing skills to get results, often by leveraging internal networks. When necessary, manage the work of others (eg. offshore, GCSPs/BDDs PAs for administrative tasks). Receives limited supervision which is outputs focused.
- Has direct responsibility for supervising offshore resource, i.e., sets goals, assigns work and reviews performance. Must be able to overcome obstacles with minimal supervision.
- Strong influencing skills are required to work with other members of the account team in order to achieve results. Receives general supervision and is competent to work independently within area of expertise. Review of work generally occurs at longer intervals.
Acts as project manager for priority accounts.
- Commercial mindset, eg spots business development opportunities and follows through
- Takes the initiative – ie can work with minimal supervision, to make decisions and progress activities
- A robust and resilient disposition able to encourage discipline in team behaviours.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously through effective prioritisation, organisation, flexibility and self discipline. Must have demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills including basic business software (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Lotus Notes and Internet.
- Knowledge of firm’s account management and relationship tools and processes.
- Knowledge of the sales process
- Emerging selling skills
- Proactive, committed team player
As the job involves preparing materials for clients, flexibility concerning working hours is sometimes required.
A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
Strong experience of business development/ account management that demonstrates an understanding of business, ideally, in private equity, financial or professional services organisation