- Provide private sector tailored input on the strategic direction of project activities.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans, workplans, and priorities that support GON/USAID Nigeria objectives.
- Supports the adaption and use of up-to-date technical approaches, including application of national guidelines, standards of practice and tools, as well as Pathfinder International Quality Standards by private sector partners.
- Conduct regular site visits to review program implementation and meet with beneficiaries. Based on the information collected during field visits, communicate findings and recommendations to the project team and, as appropriate, implementing partners and HQ.
- Develop opportunities for PIN to network and foster discussion of HIV care and treatment areas of interest (ART, VCT, PMTCT, prevention of positives) among private health care providers and between public and private health professionals.
- Partner and collaborate with multi-lateral agencies (i.e. WHO, World Bank, etc.) that are currently providing support to public sector hospitals and selected private programs.
- Further strengthen initiatives with private health sector partners, including pharmacies and health shops, small private practices, and lower level private clinics and individual practitioners, to identify individuals with a higher likelihood of HIV acquisition/PMTCT case and encourage them to seek counselling, testing and/or treatment.
- Review performance reports to ensure that partner(s) are in compliance with the performance expectations outlined in their work plan and in their agreement(s) with Donor.
- Ensure that sub-grantees are in compliance with all relevant USAID regulations and procedures and communicate with them regarding donor’s rules and regulations, as well as their obligations to the donor.
- Provide technical input on annual work plans for sub grantees.
- Be responsible for the integration of GIS mapping to ensure partner coordination and analysis; market research; sustainable human resource retention modalities; and risk pooling, insurance and solidarity funds.
- Coordinate lessons learned dissemination with private sector partners.
- Identify project specific needs and/or opportunities where public-private alliances could be leveraged to address HIV/AIDS /PMTCT sustainability issues. This effort will require the advisor to have technical expertise in HIV/AIDS/ PMTCT and other pertinent areas that are being implemented and designed across multiple sectors.
- Identify potential alliance partners and develop relationships with private businesses, corporations, foundations, NGOs, and other non-traditional development organizations.
- Provide technical and program assistance (including drafting briefing papers, cables and memos for information and action) for private sector activities.
- Liaise with middle/senior level officials of the State Government, FG, NGOs, the commercial sector, and other implementing agencies in the specialized areas for which the incumbent is responsible.