· Assess implementing NGOs capacity, develop and carry out capacity building plans to ensure that CBOs / NGOs have the capacity to create public/private/CBO partnership platforms that plan and coordinate LGA level actions
· Initiate and lead market assessments and opportunities for value chain development suitable to market demands.
· Provide technical and institutional support to the project team with specific focus on linking beneficiaries to markets. This includes facilitating partnerships between the target communities and project staff with service providers such as technical institutions, producer and marketing institutions/agencies, financial institutions, other NGO’s and local and international research institutes and Katsina State relevant line Ministries of Agric and Environment.
· Build local capacity to interpret customary, religious and administrative tenure rights for local tree tenure regulations and bye-laws and have CBOs adapt and adopt them to promote entrepreneurship with trees
· Train partner NGO staff on market, engagement with the private sector, social mobilisation and technical skills
· Support partner NGO staff and CBO leaders in the fulfilment of their roles in realising project results.
· Ensure gender equity in project implementation especially the participation of women in the supply chains for the Woodstoves and Agro forestry components of the project.
· Develop ToRs, Capacity Development plans, Implementation routines, M&E routines, in order to support Implementing Partners to:
· Other tasks as specified and assigned within the project team