Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Professional+&+Technical
Recruitment Type: Local Hire
Language Requirement: English [Essential]
Background / General Description
Trade and Competitiveness (T&C) brings together more than 500 leading technical experts in the field of trade, investment, innovation, and private sector development, with extensive policy expertise, sector-specific knowledge, and practical experience in implementation. With half of its staff global specialists, and the other half serving in the regions, T&C has a wide footprint across the globe. Offering an integrated package of solutions--including policy advice, technical assistance, financing, and capacity building--the practice brings global knowledge to designing and implementing of projects tailored to the specific needs of client countries, whether fast-growing emerging economies, middle income countries, or fragile or conflict-affected states.
T&C also collaborates with other Global Practices (GPs) and Cross-Cutting Solutions Areas to deliver integrated solutions to trade and competitiveness challenges, like addressing infrastructure deficits, improving macro-economic frameworks, or boosting skills. The Global Practice also contributes to global policy and dialogue on trade and competitiveness issues, as well as regional integration initiatives.
Duties and Accountabilities
- The position will provide operational and analytical support to Trade and Competitiveness team working on Nigeria.
The candidate will need to demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of one of competitive industries, trade or innovation and entrepreneurship as detailed below:
- Spatial Solutions. Support teams working on these projects with market, spatial, economic and institutional analytic support
- Value Chains. Support teams working on these projects with relevant sector knowledge, analytics and public private dialogue capabilities
- Regional trade and Global Value Chains. Support teams develop regional solutions with trade facilitation and trade policy in the context of Regional Trade and Global Value Chains
- Innovation and entrepreneurship Support teams working on the SME agenda – encouraging entrepreneurs and innovation at the firm level. This would also include building the demand side of the skills agenda.