SSG Supplier Management has an opportunity for an outstanding individual to procure international construction supporting international site locations, working in partnership with the Boeing Site Services organization and the Environmental, Health, and Safety organization. The procurement agent will report to SSG Supplier Management organization (who is located in Renton, Washington, USA). The position requires someone who can work independently, with limited oversight.
The job requires strong skills in building and maturing business relationships as part of working across many sites, business partners, and suppliers. Job duties include: Develop procurement and supply chain solutions, strategies and policies to support customer requirements. Lead negotiation of pricing and contract terms and conditions. Interpret and enforce contract terms and conditions. Prepare and execute negotiated documents. Ensure compliance with company procedures and regulatory requirements. Conduct risk, issues and opportunities management. Consult with internal business partners to resolve supplier performance issues. Creates and delivers regular status reports.
Works as a part of the SSG international procurement team, providing back-up support as needed to other procurement agents.
This job may be a level 2 or level 3 and will be determined by the level of experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, in relation to the scope and responsibility of the position.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of the organization internal and external to Boeing. Extensive experience in contract formation is required, and experience establishing contracts with foreign suppliers a plus. The candidate must have excellent project management, problem solving, and communication skills.
(1) Proven negotiating skills;
(2) Experience contracting in the construction industry or construction project experience will be given preference.
(3) Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
(4) Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handling both routine and complex supplier management duties.
(5) Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication.
(6) Flexible and energetic person and ability to work different tasks at the same time.
(7) Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Word and, MS Excel.
(8) Self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and ability to work within a time-constrained environment.
(9) Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communications skills and fluent English.
Level 2 - Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level 3 - Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.