The role of a Procurement and logistics officer is to manage commercial and supplier aspects of projects. Work with team members on conducting general market research in various categories as well as research into potential suppliers, product specification and resources.
The staff would also be required to participate in field-level planning formulation in the area of logistics and to provide technical and operational support to the procurement department.
- Take action to reduce costs that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better quality resources for a project team, department, or business unit.
- Manage all logistics operation including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery.
- Work with freighters and clearing agents, cost and price analysis for services, etc.
- Coordinate work efforts of others to ensure integration and completion of work against expectations
- Evaluate and ensure that vendor performance meets or exceeds defined performance standards and adheres to overall company policies and procedures.
- Bin card management, arrangement of items in store, secure store, carry out periodic counts, update records of issuance and receipt, etc.
- Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer.
- Legal Limitations: Knowledge of local legal limitations and Nigerian shipping laws.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good reporting skills.