To provide an account management service to the nominated business units ensuring that best practice procurement techniques are adopted to achieve lowest cost of ownership and that agreed service levels are achieved for on-board catering, lounge product, food, beverages, and manpower.
- Provide support to the Vice President, Procurement & Logistics (Airline) and/or Manager Procurement & Logistics, by developing and implementing strategies to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership for acquisition of capital, goods or service items. This is specifically for Emirates on board catering and lounge agreements.
- Independently decide on and authorise supply orders and contracts for values up to AED 100,000. Where contract values exceed this financial limit, analyse and prepare reports & recommendations for review & approval at Manager P&L, VP, SVP & DSVP level, as necessary.
- Manage and provide guidance to a team of subject matter experts to provide a full service procurement function within agreed service levels to Customer Departments.
- Ensure that the sourcing, pre-qualification and evaluation of suppliers is carried out as per company standards/policies to assess what services and products they are qualified to provide thereby ensuring that the correct products and services are available.
- Ensure that the tender documents are developed and lead cross-functional teams to produce detailed specifications (where appropriate, in conjunction with Legal and other departments) and to subsequently issue for tender to obtain equal and competitive quotations.
- As an account manager, provide expert advice to customer departments during product design phase in order to optimise value for money to the Group.
- Negotiate contract prices and terms and conditions where business impact/value/risk is deemed high, to ensure that the Company's' best contractual and commercial position is attained. Ensure that supply and commercial risk is minimised.
- Liaise & communicate closely with Customer Departments at all times to ensure that the Customer Department is fully involved in the procurement process. The successful development with these relationships at DSVP, SVP, VP & Grade 10 level is crucial to ensure efficient and effective supplier selection.
- Proactively search for and identify opportunities for cost reduction wherever possible. Benchmark the performance of their sections against available statistics/indicators and identify areas for improvement. This will include knowledge of technical advances, market developments and other relevant changes in the supply market.
- Critically evaluate reports generated by reporting staff to assess performance of their respective sections and take corrective action where required.
- The job holder should be A University Graduate in Business Admin or Commerce
- Preferred to be CIPS Qualified.
- Procurement. Contract Management 8+ Years
- He/she should have experience preferably in an Airline or other Blue Chip Organisation in the middle management level.
- Strong financial acumen (need not have worked in the Finance Department).
- The job holder must have a proven track record of analytical decision-making, with strong commercial acumen.
- He/she must have strong organisational and negotiation skills.
- The job holder will often be required to influence the decision making process of line departments. To do so effectively, the job holder must have strong interpersonal skills, experience and confidence to adequately deal with senior personnel.