Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services,
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers.
- Review record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Qualification, Experience and Attributes
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage,
- A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has gained sound knowledge of procurement operations and technical processes.
- Has provided technical guidance and training to staff members within area of expertise.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.