· Review project specifications for all major items of procurement.
· Review the procurement documents (RFQ, bid evaluation summaries, draft purchase orders, inspection QA/QC requirements, Spare parts lists, delivery schedules, etc.) vis-a â€“vis the approved procurement procedures.
· Perform Joint receiving inspection of equipment and materials.
· Execute material purchases/issue purchase orders ensuring all procurement activities comply with policies, procedures and requirements
· Monitor distribution of materials and track shipments to ensure on-time arrival at job sites
· Maintain an accurate project inventory and delivery status reports
· Document and resolve project punch-list issues
· Resolve supplier issues with respect to quality issues and/or timing of delivery
· Identify, understand, track and report cost variances
· Review change orders and back charges; secure change order approval, challenging incremental costs as appropriate and ensuring credits are received
· Continually track and provide status updates on project deliverables and progress
· Identify and track project risks and issues, escalating when necessary to resolve issues affecting our ability to deliver on client expectations
· Maintain detailed project documents and electronic files
· Assist with the audit task of Master Agreement vendors, to ensure clientâ€™s requirements are being met
· Maintain efficient and courteous relationship with client, vendors, and internal client contractors.
- A University degree in the field of engineering is preferred.
- 10-15 years experience working for an operations and maintenance project.
- Exposure to strategic sourcing, procurement, contract administration, and/or project management processes
- Analytically adept with strong financial analysis and reporting skills and keen attention to detail
- Good reasoning; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, make sound business decisions, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in standard business software such as the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated success in managing and negotiating with vendors