The role holder will be responsible for the provision of a world class procurement service that delivers competitive advantage to the BT Group PLC and the market unit being supported.
- Working closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements, mapping these to the BT strategy.
- Develop procurement plans appropriate to specific product and services to deliver maximum commercial advantage to BT, including selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and or service.
- Negotiation of commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services.
- Manage the supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and “In Contract” supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realised.
- To take personal ownership for utilisation of contracts, ensuring order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration.
- A procurement background, particularly in delivery of IT & Technology programmes.
- Proven experience of the technical aspects of procurement, such as tendering, contract law and negotiating.
- Experience of delivering high value, high risk, complex procurement projects/programmes, resulting in significant cost savings and/or additional value.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to communicate with senior level stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience and understanding of the full procurement process, owning delivery throughout it.
- Experience of negotiating contracts with suppliers and partners and the management of complex commercial relationships.
- Excellent commercial awareness and attention detail around General T&C’s over and above Pricing and Service Level Agreements.
- Ideally CIPS and Degree qualified