Job reference n0: 1060
Function: Supply chain
- Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of procurement, purchasing, and distribution directives, rules and guidelines, in order to achieve the most cost-effective processes for the organization, leading to operational excellence.
- Manage the follow up process with local suppliers to ensure smooth operation
- Review procurement processes and find better ways of improving it
- Manage and support the process of selecting suppliers of goods and services (bid solicitation, bid evaluation and award of contracts/P.O.S.) for all phases of projects.
- Interface with relevant units as well as Contractors, inspectors, expeditors and freight forwarders to insure orders/contracts are placed and completed on schedule.
- Monitor the contractor procurement function through project completion and turnover, long lead purchase orders/contracts including inspection services, expediting, freight forwarding, customs and clearance, taking action as required to ensure project/operational schedules are met.
- Resolve complex delivery, quality or other related problems with manufacturers and suppliers
- Understand and require contractors to meet all applicable environmental and safety standards.
- Plan, coordinate and actively participate in meetings with potential suppliers, contractors and user groups.
- Lead price negotiations, terms and conditions resolution and quality requirements.
- Stay abreast of and evaluate current market conditions and develop new sources of supply as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years' relevant procurement experience in the similar industry
- Must have a thorough knowledge in procurement and good technical knowledge of materials
- Experience with local regulators and good knowledge of the local markets
- Must have good spectrum of purchases
- Good ability to manage and negotiate with OEM suppliers
- Excellent negotiation skills and communication skills
- Must be analytical, organized and efficient
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.