- Determine short and long term materials needs of the organization.
- Develop and Implement cost control strategies on all procurement in order to optimize value for money.
- Forecast local and international materials price trends and advise management for proactive action on procurement and production processes.
- Negotiate with manufacturers or suppliers and conduct due diligence on all procurement to eliminate or militate against all potential risks.
- Conduct market research to ensure all procurement meet the specification given in terms of quality, quantity and price (both locally and internationally)
- Manage all importation processes initiating Form "M" through banks shipment documentations avoid demurrage and supervision of clearing to ensure materials get to the factory or clients at the right time.
- Ensure all the suppliers and in-house user departments comply with company’s procurement procedures and policies.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of importation and exportation policies/guidelines of Government and advise management appropriately.
- Ensure all procurement expenses are within approved budget and take every opportunity to explore and secure economies of scale in all procurement.
- Source and keep a detailed database of suppliers to ensure the company has the right and credible organizations/individuals to meet all procurement. e.t.c
- Minimum of HND/BSC in Social Science or related field.
- MBA and membership of relevant professional bodies such as CIPS e.t.c will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in procurement or supply chain of FCMG or a structured manufacturing industry.
Technical Skills and Personal Qualities:
- In-depth understanding of relevant import and export procedures/guidelines.
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills.
- Ability to respond to RFP and tender as well as make presentation to clients.
- Flexibility to work long and unpredictable hours to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Good computer skill with proficiency in the use of
- Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamic NAV e.t.c