The primary purpose and responsibility of this job is to obtain and secure the most efficient way of procuring the right product or services at the right price and quality and obtaining it from the right source at the right time to enable the Company to achieve budget objectives in compliance with the requirements and specifications of end users considering company procedures & policy and expectations of the management.
- Responsible to manage the entire procurement cycle of product & services up to value of AED 100 million per annum
- Achieve a minimum of up to 5% of negotiated savings on the value of procurement handled per annum
- Prepares RFP’s and tender documents, writes and/ or assists in writing bid specifications for commodities and services needed by Etihad end users, send RFI/ RFQ/ RFP to suppliers, analyzes responses, makes recommendations for award, create purchase orders.
- Conducts pre-bid meetings with interested vendors and Etihad end user to ensure complete understanding of bid requirements, scope of work and responsibilities, prepares addendums following pre-bid to clarify, make additions, selections to quotations/ proposals
- Manage procurement activity, including tenders to ensure compliance with the Corporate Governance and MOA, requirements and applications of a process that best meets the needs of end users, department and service users, incl. preparation of tender documentation, controls the evaluation matrix and assists/ guides in the selection process
- Plans and conducts competitive negotiations, incl. sole source procurements
- Assists EY end user in their direct procurement of commodities and services when requested, make recommendations to end user for award of bids on large contracts
- Ensure PO’s are issued in compliance with quotes, requirements, vendor performance, delivery receipt, contract compliance, payment scheduling, etc.
- Receives, reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions
- Establish close work relationship with supplier (identify “preferred suppliers”). Establish a good market reputation of Etihad in the market.
- Ensure good quality and reliability of service/ goods providers.
- Educate end users on corporate governance, tender process and MOA
- Coordinate and support internal & external customers to ensure availability of items on time and avoid stock out situation
- Lead and guide a team of several buyers.
- CIPS or equivalent with degree level education with acquired specialization in Business studies and/or Finance.
- Post holder must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of purchasing gained over a period of minimum 5 to 7 years, with a proven track of success in procurement and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High computer literacy
- Leadership skills
- Analytical and project management skills