Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A procurement officer, also known as a purchasing manager, is an important person in any organization. He ensures that the company makes wise purchases of goods or services to resell or use.
- Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Mininmum of Diploma/OND. With experience in Supply chain management,Logistics and Business Administration will be an added advantage.