Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, low-cost pharmaceutical products and the proper processing of assigned customer orders.
In order to carry out these responsibilities, the Procurement Office selects and evaluates the performance of suppliers, oversees the customs clearing process and coordinates the processing of assigned customer orders.
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on a criteria
- Complies with the National Drug Authority (NDA) procedures and regulations
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers
- Processes the necessary clearance documents
- Closely liaising with the clearing agents
- Ensures the proper management of procurement department operations in the absence of the Head of department:
- Carries out all necessary procurement activities
- Ensures the proper processing of assigned customer orders e.g. Christen Blinden Mission (CBM):
- Verifies quantification of orders
- Verifies that the required order is within the agreed budget
- Coordinates the Sales and Dispatch officers when processing the orders
- Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department
Relevant bachelor degree or equivalent plus experience and internal promotion from scale