The main objective of this role is to support the Logistics Manager/ Head of Base in all procurement activities within the ACF Nigeria mission. Throughout the procurement process, he/she will prepare an collect all documentation whilst ensuring compliance with ACF procedures, liaise with suppliers on daily basis, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules and supplier payments.
• Support Logistics Supply Chain, review and prepare all documentation during the procurement process
• Support line manager in negotiating supplier framework agreements and contracts
• Supervision of Delivery issues
• This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
• The Procurement Officer should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities.
• The Procurement Officer is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following ACF Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter.
• Minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in procurement and/or logistics position
• Some experience in supervising Staff
• Strong computer skills in MS Office, especially MS Excel.
• Rigorous, with strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Professional level of English
• Ability to work in complex environment and can bear the work load
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs
• Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.