Responsible for the execution of “Sourcing to Contract” specifically:
· Source to contract (sourcing plan, tender, negotiate and contract)
· Spend and compliance reporting
· Commercial risk management
· The development and execution of sourcing plans for marketing categories
· To ensure the end market category sourcing and contracts meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
· To apply global policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
· To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets
· To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific end market categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and includes one-off spend items
· To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA ’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
· To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of any category strategies or sourcing strategies.
· To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
· Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate
· To own marketing supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA ’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
University degree level education or equivalent
Experience of sourcing at a local level for a period of 2 years minimum.
Experience & Knowledge
· Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
· Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
· Supplier and contract management experience.
· Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
· Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
· Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
· Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
· Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts
· High level of commercial awareness.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
· Strong numerical ability.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
· A focus on service delivery and savings.
CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of
The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage